Buying a bed for your child can be both an exciting and overwhelming experience, to say the least. With all the choices out there today, it can be difficult to know which bed will best serve your child for the foreseeable future. From sleigh beds to loft beds, upholstered beds, and bunk beds, your options are truly endless. Chances are you will likely make the decision as to which type of bed is best for your kiddo based on numerous different factors - such as age, likes and dislikes, and interests. Let’s say you have a school-aged child who will soon be entering his or her teenage years. If this is the case, you may want to go the loft bed route, as it will allow you to get creative with the space you have and maybe even put a desk or area for homework underneath the bed.
Another dilemma when it comes to buying kids’ beds is what type of frame to get. Two of the most popular options are metal and wood frames. There are many different advantages to both, making your decision even more difficult. Thankfully, we are here to help! We know what a big purchase a child’s bed is, and we want to make sure you end up with a bed that both you and your child is excited about. When it comes to determining whether a metal or wood framed bed is the right choice for you, there are a few things to take into consideration.
Pros of Metal Bed Frames
Durability wise, both options are great. However, the durability of a wood frame will depend on the type of wood used. Moving on, let’s look at some of the main advantages to buying a metal bed frame for your child’s room:
- Metal frames can be more aesthetically pleasing than wood frames
- Metal frames are very stylish and modern
- Metal frames come in many different finishes and styles
- Metal frames are versatile
- Metal frames come in a wide range of designs and colors
- Metal frames are durable, solid, and can withstand a lot of weight
- Metal frames are easy to paint, allowing you to transform the frame based on your child’s current desires
- Metal frames are cost effective and require little maintenance
Pros of Wood Frames
On the other hand, there are many reasons why people opt for wood bed frames for their children over metal frames. Some of the top advantages of children’s wood bed frames include the following:
- Wood frames are versatile and come in many different kinds of wood, including mahogany, pine, and oak
- Wood frames offer a natural and classy appearance
- Wood frames come in a wide range of designs
- Each and every wood frame is different and has its own unique grain
- If properly cared for, wood frames can last for many years
- Wood frames can transform a space
- Wood frames do not go out of style
- Wood frames can easily be transformed with a little stain and varnish
As you can see, you can’t go wrong with either option. Be sure and browse our online selection of children’s beds here and be sure and check out what we have to offer for metal and wood frames.