The sofa and chair sleepers are the perfect place to sit to read, watch TV or play a game. When it is time to take a nap or find a place for a little friend to spend the night, flip open the chair or sofa , add a blanket and pillow and you are all set. Grandparents love having one at their home too!
We’ve worked hard to make our furniture durable and help it retain its appearance.
We include a layer of fiber on the seating surfaces to keep the fabric tight much longer.
Even so, furniture does wear with use. Here are some tips to help you keep it looking good while your kids enjoy it:
1. Jumping on the furniture is safe and a lot of fun, but it will make the piece look “tired” sooner.
2. Sitting or jumping on the arms of the furniture is not recommended.
3. As a result of acrobatic use the fabric may stretch. You can use a steamer or mister to lightly dampen the fabric with distilled water. As the fabric dries it will shrink slightly and look almost like new again.
Cleaning the Cover
We use only fine upholstery-grade fabrics that can take lots of use from kids. Our Micro Suede’s, denims and chenille’s are all washable.
But we can’t prevent the covers from getting dirty. Here’s what you can do to keep them looking new:
1. Blot up spills immediately. Surface wash any remaining stains with a mild, non-toxic cleaner. Don’t rub too hard or use a strong cleaner; you’ll remove the fabric’s finish and possibly some color too.
2. The furniture covers are removable. We recommend dry cleaning to keep the covers looking their best as long as possible.
3. You may apply a scotch-guard type treatment to protect the covers. If you choose to do this always start with a small amount on the bottom of the piece to make certain the fabric will not be damaged.
4. The white bed surface is a poly/cotton blend and can be cleaned with stronger stain removers.
Slipcover Removal Instructions
1. Unzip and remove the backrest cushion
2. Unzip and remove the seat cushion
3. Unzip the bottom panel and remove the cover from the frame
4. Reassemble in the following order:
a. replace the cover on the frame
b. adjust to obtain a snug fit at all the edges and corners
c. zip the bottom panel closed
d. insert the seat cushion, rounded edge first with the padding facing toward you and zip closed (assuming you stand in front of the sofa)
e. insert the back cushion, rounded edge first with padding facing away from you and zip closed (assuming you stand in front of the sofa placing the cushion in downwards)
Inserting the Backrest Cushion
1. Insert the backrest cushion with the padding facing up and the rounded
edges in first.
2. Make sure that the cushion is pushed completely to the back of the fabric pocket and make sure the corners of the foam fit into the corners of the fabric pocket.
3. Once the foam piece is aligned properly into the fabric pocket, zip the fabric pocket shut.
If the foam piece is not fitted into the fabric pocket properly, the seat cushion and the back rest will not lay flat when assembled in the seated position.